Renewal by Andersen® of Portland does more than just provide the best window replacement and patio doors in the industry. We also make it a priority to give back to our community. Here are some of the organizations we support:
- Susan G. Komen®: Formerly known as Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Susan G. Komen is the largest nonprofit funding source for the fight against breast cancer. Members of our team are proud to help with events like the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® series.
- Habitat for Humanity: This global organization helps build or improve homes for people in need. Volunteers help with anything from marketing to actually helping build homes. We participate by donating window replacement materials and work hours. Our parent company, Andersen Corporation, also makes generous donations.
- Samaritan’s Purse: Founded in 1970, Samaritan’s purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization that provides spiritual and physical aid to victims of war, disasters, disease, and famine. Examples include the recent earthquake in Nepal and the European refugee crisis.
- Oregon Food Bank: Hunger is a serious problem in Oregon, with 90% of SNAP (formerly food stamps) recipients struggling to make their allocations last for the whole month. Unlike most food banks that collect unserved food from restaurants, Oregon Food Bank sources produce from farmers, manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers, individuals, and government sources. We help by participating in nutrition and garden education programs, as well as food organizing activities.
- Marion-Polk Food Share: The Marion-Polk Food Share is another organization that helps alleviate the hunger problem in Oregon, focusing on Marion and Polk Counties. In addition to helping collect and distribute food through meal sites and food pantries, the Marion-Polk Food Share also initiates programs like community gardens and job skill training programs, which we participate in.
Renewal by Andersen® of Portland serves Vancouver, WA and Portland, OR. To learn more about our community-based activities or our window replacement products, call us today at (503) 419-3960 or fill out our contact form to schedule your free in-home consultation.