Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. Know what else does? Specialty windows! These exquisitely crafted units are your best bet if you want to enhance the look of your home inside and out.
Why They’re Special
Simply put, these custom-shaped units are beautiful. Imagine looking at a seascape or mountain view through an over-sized circle in your living room. It’s surreal – and dramatically transforms your indoor home experience.
You can install them in your living room, master bedroom, hallway, or any room for that matter, to catch attention. Seen from outdoors, they create a head-turning architectural detail. Indoors, they frame your views like no other unit can.
How to Make Them Even More Special
With the help of technology, professional window-makers these days now let you customize specialty units in more ways than before. For example, Renewal by Andersen® lets you pick the color, size, shape, glass, and grid that you want in a window.
Here are some styling tips when getting a Salem, Oregon, window replacement with specialty units:
● Pick neutral interior colors like white and canvas for a classic, understated look. These muted colors look great in both traditional and contemporary homes.
● Make a statement outdoors with an interesting exterior frame color. We love Cocoa Bean and Dark Bronze on old-fashioned homes, Forest Green for Craftsman-type houses, and timeless black for modern dwellings.
● Use uniquely shaped windows to wake up boring walls. The Renewal by Andersen product line features thirteen geometric shapes, including the popular Spring-line™ and Chord styles.
● Open up dark and small spaces using an abundance of natural lighting from over-sized specialty windows. Try floor-to-ceiling units — they are fresh and ubiquitously modern. They can give dated interiors a much-needed boost.
● Repeating motifs creates an interesting cadence and sense of consistency. If you have rounded windows, for example, incorporate similar shapes in interior furnishings to get a unified look.
Renewal by Andersen of Portland specializes — no pun intended — in custom-built replacement units. Our Portland, OR, replacement windows are made with Fibrex®, a composite framing material that’s as tough as wood.
It can easily be molded into various shapes and sizes to suit whatever vision you have for your home. Combined with any of our High-Performance™ energy-efficient glass packages, it can lower your bills and improve the look of your living space in no time.
Call us up at for a complete list of products and customizable options. You may also ask our friendly staff for a free, no-obligation estimate of our services.