If you are considering replacement windows in OR or Southwest WA, then casement windows might just suit your needs and wants. Instead of lifting up, casement windows are hinged at the sides and crank outwards. You can choose single or double casement windows, which are popular for their ability to open wide and offer maximum ventilation and an unobstructed view.
Before we discuss some of the best areas you can place a casement window, here are some benefits of casement windows:
Ventilation and View
This type of window opens widely outwards. Unlike other types that can only be opened through the top or bottom sections, this opens all the way from top-to-bottom and side-to-side. So, it provides ventilation, unobstructed view, and enhanced lighting.
Casement windows offer an airtight seal when closed, because the window sash presses against the frame. Thus, it prevents heated air from leaking. On the other hand, during summer, you can simply open it wide to allow fresh air to enter. Also, it freely welcomes natural lighting, so it lowers energy consumption in general.
These open and close very easily, because of the use of single-lever or tandem latches. Additionally, with technological advances in the industry, some casement windows are also being fitted for automatic openers.
Range of Options
If you are searching for a specific design for your replacement windows in Tigard, casement windows come in several designs, styles and features, which can also be customized. Some of the common materials used are wood, vinyl, steel, aluminum, fiberglass and clad.
If you want to know the best areas of your home to install a casement window, the answer is “wherever you want it.” Here are some of the most common options.
● Over the sink and countertop – Enjoy a beautiful view of the outdoors and a crisp breeze while washing the dishes or preparing your meals in the kitchen.
● In your bedroom – Simply open wide the windows in the morning and let the sunshine and fresh smell of morning breeze greet you.
● In your office and reading or sitting room – Casement windows allow a lot light to enter, so you will not have to turn on the lights to make the room well-lit.
● Beside your bathtub – The outdoor view will help you relax even more as you stay soaked in your tub. Also, casements will help minimize the humidity of the bathroom.
● Sunroom – Casement windows will make your sunroom airy, fresh and well lit.
Casement windows can be installed anywhere. However, be more cautions when planning to have these on your home’s upper level, especially when you are living with kids and pets. Always prioritize safety.
Nevertheless, if you are searching for the best replacement windows in Beaverton, OR, Portland, OR or any of the neighboring communities, Renewal by Andersen® of Portland is the company to call. You can reach us at 503-912-2668.