Windows today are built to last for a long time. The average lifespan of a well-maintained window is 15 to 20 years. If your units are reaching the upper end of this range, it’s time to consider investing in replacement windows.
Here are five signs that your windows are in need of replacement:
1. High Energy Bills – High energy bills can be caused by several factors, such as HVAC issues or roofing problems. However, windows are one of the top culprits. Drafty windows can cause your energy bills to spike. If you’ve determined that windows are the cause of your soaring energy bills, it’s time to replace them.
2. Drafts – Drafts are telltale signs that your windows need to be replaced. Failing to do so won’t just affect energy efficiency but your home’s comfort levels as well. If you notice that one or more of your windows are experiencing drafts, you should prioritize replacement.
3. Condensation – Condensation on your windows is often harmless, but in some cases it can indicate seal failure–a serious problem that requires window replacement. Your contractor can inspect your windows to determine what’s causing the condensation and if you need to install replacement windows.
4. Difficult Operation – If you begin to experience operation problems despite repeated repairs, it’s likely that your windows will have to be replaced.
5. Warped or Rotted Frames – This can result in tremendous air leaks, mold growth and, eventually, complete window failure. Warped or rotted frames are a sign that your windows need to be replaced ASAP.
Need to install replacement windows in your home? Look no further than Renewal by Andersen® of Portland, your leading service provider when it comes to window and door replacement projects. Give us a call at or fill out our contact form to get a price. We serve homeowners in Tigard, Beaverton, West Linn and other nearby areas in OR.